OK, so who is an expert at packing liquor in their suitcase?

Travel discussion for St. John
Pia

OK, so who is an expert at packing liquor in their suitcase?

Post by Pia »

OK, so I am dying to try the Ciroc Coconut Vodka.......huuuum my only option would be for someone who is an expert packer to pack me a bottle in their suitcase - sooooo any takers :) Obviously you would need to be an expert packer as I would hate for it to break in your suitcase, I mean what a waste of vodka (OK, I would feel real bad) and of course I would pay you for it :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
loria

Post by loria »

Pia, I am thinking that we may have to check a bag--if we do I will pack your vodka

if you can wait that long!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I'm sure you don't feel like waiting until May, but a friend of mine taught me a little trick where you put your bottle of booze inside an uninflated childs' "water-wing", then inflate to a realistic capacity.
Hope you get your vodka!
Smiles-
MJ
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hi Loria - yes I can wait :) I am on the Atkins diet right now so when I am through "induction" I will be ready for a carb free beverage. Thanks so much for the offer

Pia
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

I have to chime in on this conversation as I found a great way to pack liquor!
Buy bubble wrap and wrap the bottle a few times with the bubble wrap Then place it in a large ziplock bag and wrap in a towel. I got three bottles of wine home from Seattle this summer doing this. Worked great! (Knock on wood!)

Enjoy your vodka Pia!
Laurie
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Mahojim! That's a BRILLIANT idea!! Absolutely brilliant!

Pia, I can bring you a bottle in May, as well! I always put liquids in a ziplock bag before I put them in my suitcase, so if it breaks, no worries! (but it won't break) :roll: :lol:
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I'm at expert liquor packer and have never had a bottle break, and we always take the maximum back. Unfortunately we don't have trip planned, but if you're buying (flight and accommodations) I'd be happy to bring as much vodka as you like :wink:
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Pia

Post by Pia »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Teresa-Rae

I don't know - I have never had the Ciroc Coconut Vodka but it just sounds sooo yummy. Margo I will probably take you up on that offer
BRY1105

Post by BRY1105 »

I got some Cruzan home just by wrapping it in a luggage bag filled with towels and clothes. It worked just fine, but im sure I could have done better. The water wing ideas sounds good.
Bryan
California Girl

Pia wrote:I don't know - I have never had the Ciroc Coconut Vodka but it just sounds sooo yummy.
I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I go by a big warehouse liquor store (BevMo) on my way to & from work, so it's easy for me to stop in. I had some vanilla Cruzan the other day. I think I might have a new favorite!! 8)
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

good ideas for packing! Cruzan vanilla rum with root beer is like having a root beer float (only with a kick!!!)
California Girl

I had a martini made with Cruzan Vanilla, Grey Goose & pineapple juice. OMG! Fabulous!!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Check out http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

I know the application is more for those that want to smuggle booze on a cruise ship or your kid's musical at school...but they do work great!
Rocky Mtn Travellers

Post by Rocky Mtn Travellers »

We will be down on 4-26. Let me know if you need a bottle brought...or a refill. We use the "water wings" all the time and have never a bottle break.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Thanks sooooo much - if it is as good as I hear I will take you up on that offer :)

Pia