shipping provisions ahead

Travel discussion for St. John
hartpump

shipping provisions ahead

Post by hartpump »

I have asked a few of you privately, but as this forum is the awnser to not reinventing the St John Wheel..... what is the best proceedure for shipping stuff to your self. Ive done it for a Disney vacation but that was to a hotel. I get the front end as far as flat rate usp boxes. Where do ship it to when your staying at a villa... how much lead time...

Thanks.
To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail
Pia

Post by Pia »

Send everything Priority Mail - USPS Flat Rate Boxes work great and give yourself at least 7 days. I am Stateside right now and I shipped a box home last Monday and it arrived yesterday so a total of 8 days which, for me, is the norm from KC to STJ. The fastest I have every received a Priority Box was 4 days (and that only happened once) and the longest 6 weeks but the norm is 7-10 days.

Most people ship to Connections and pick it up there but they close Saturday at 1pm I believe so you would need to confirm it works for your schedule or you will be out of luck until Monday when they reopen - some people have their villa management company pick it up for them and some companies will accept packages for you.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
augie

Post by augie »

FYI - I mailed our priority flat rate box last at lunchtime last Wednesday, and this morning received email confirmation of delivery! Five calendar days - not too shabby!

I wish I had mailed myself along with it!
Come see us!
hartpump

cool

Post by hartpump »

Thanks for the info. Five from Fla. should be about 6-7 from Ohio. I can work with that.
To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail