Daffodil Villa -- anyone been there recently?

Travel discussion for St. John
jigzmom

Daffodil Villa -- anyone been there recently?

Post by jigzmom »

We're looking at Daffodil Villa for Jan. 2011. I've done many searches for reviews and can't find any recent ones. It looks perfect for us -- two adult couples, A/C, nice pool, great location -- but I'm interested in the condition of the property. We're also looking at Miles Away but for the differences in rates we could extend our stay by several days if we stayed at Daffodil.

If you've stayed here recently, or been in the villa recently, post here please!

(Background info: We previously stayed at Carnival Beach House and Oleander Villa.)
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We stayed there in 2005 and it was brand new then. It is the perfect setup for 2 couples with each master suite being on either end of the living area for complete privacy. And each has a door that opens up onto the patio/pool area. All the landscaping had just been planted in 2005 so I would imagine it is gorgeous by now. We joked about it maybe being owned by a basketball player as all the doorways and cabinets are really high!!!! Our only complaint was no shade in the afternoon. It is in Fish Bay up a gravel road that is rather lumpy and bumpy but very easily accessed.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

We stayed at Daffodil just over two years ago, for two weeks. Maybe someone else has been there more recently but, at the time, the condition of the villa was excellent. It is a newer villa (5-6 years old maybe?).

The only complaint we have with it is that the pool is extremely chilly. Even though it gets sun all day long, somehow it just never warms up. We were there in late April, early May.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
jigzmom

Post by jigzmom »

Thank you both for your comments. I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has been there in the past year, but your comments are appreciated. Knowing that the villa is less than 10 years old is helpful.

That's funny about the high doorways and cabinets... both of our men are over 6' tall and will enjoy the headroom. A chilly pool is OK, the one at Carnival Beach House was chilly but we got used to it quickly, found it refreshing.

lazylane: What time of the year were you there? No shade in the afternoon is a concern, as that's when we like to relax and get out of the sun.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We were there the first 2 weeks of December. And the pool was a little chilly, but tolerable at that time.
bill

daffodil villa

Post by bill »

This july we were on a day sail with a couple who were staying in Daffodil villa. They absolutely loved it. hope this helps!!
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi jigzmom,

We haven't stayed at Daffodil but have been
considering it on our list. What got my
attention on your post is that you have stayed
at Carnival beach house. That is one that
I have been looking at a lot. I would love to
hear anything you have on it! My biggest concern
is if you can actually cook a full meal on
what they offer in their kitchenette?

Thanks, Sherry
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Chris

Villa Daffodil

Post by Chris »

Stayed there this past May. Also, the previous November. We really enjoyed it. The pool was fine in May. A little less so in November but still enjoyable. This is the one villa we've been to where the living area is actually larger than it appears in the photos. The couches in the living room were a little beat but they have covers on them. Didn't spend much time in there anyway. Its true there's limited shade in the pool area/deck. The view is excellent and good breezes. The road is now paved all the way up and is no problem at all. If you have any specific questions send me a PM.