We are SOonthebeach 2010 Part 4- the end

Travel discussion for St. John
augie

Post by augie »

Thanks for sharing your trip with us - it was great!
Come see us!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Hey XOXO- yes- you can go to the Westin beach if you are staying somewhere else- we did that once when we were in a house. Technically the pool, chairs, and beach chairs are for Westin guests only, but I have found they are happy to take your money at the beach bar, and we have used chairs when there were plenty around. Beach is open. There is free parking down by the spa/deli/Kids Club/shops building.

Nancie- yes! Running 8 Tuff for the second time in February. I use the term "run" VERY loosely. There is a lot of walking- especially by me! But it is survivable! I highly recommend it. Very cool way to spend a few HOURS ;-)

Everyone else- thanks!
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

The 8 Tuff Miles is on my bucket list!
Do you think I would be prepared for the race if I trained on a treadmill set on the highest incline with the a/c turned off?? :shock:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

LOVED your trip reports and photos! I just caught up and read all at once. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Your girls are adorable and you did so much on vacation!

I was in Dallas earlier this month and it is crazy hot. Hope it cools down for you.
NancyB
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Colleen- get a treadmill that goes to at least 20%, leave it there or higher, then every now and then jack it up to about 70%, keep the AC off, and no potty breaks for 2 hours (if you go at my speed). Torture- but the good kind! You should do it!

Actually I did a lot of stairs, short bursts on the treadmill (never did walk/run for a whole 2 hours before the race), and cardio weight training last year to get ready. This year I am really behind and probably will not train as hard- and just hope!! :shock:

Just saw the weather report- at or over 100 degrees in Dallas for the next 7 days. I am doing a major rain dance and it's not working!!! :roll:
BillnSue

Why was the BB closed?

Post by BillnSue »

Loved your trip report. Just wondering why the BB was closed? We were on island 7/17 to 7/26 and all was well then. Please let me know. Sue
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Hey Sue- they closed for 10 days to redo the bar- made it more spacious behind the bar by getting rid of some weird internal corners. They also added some counter space facing the beach and redid the floor a little. So just a spruce up. Just happy we got one day!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Love - Love - Loved your report! As a fellow traveler with children (who squabble at times) I can SO appreciate your perspective. Thank you!!!
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Your reports were fun to follow. Now that you guys are back, please help me convince someone to start planning our next DFW party. Whose turn is it? :P
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Was it texasmermaid? or msgcolleen? I bet we could convince one of them to organize! I know we talked about November- or maybe even mid to late October? Will be fun! I can start a thread soon to get the word out to potential volunteers.... :wink:
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Twist my arm! I'll do it this time around unless the others are chomping at the bit to head it up! :wink:

Do we want to wait till Robyn & Randy return from their trip in early Nov. or have it earlier?

I was actually thinking of a gathering on one of our "beautiful lakes" :shock: in the DFW area:

Primo's on Lake Ray Hubbard has a private room and an outside deck or Sneaky Pete's on "wonderful" Lake Lewisville or Lake Grapevine.

Just thinking~
What weekend looks good for y'all??
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Love the lake idea! Have been wanting to go to that Primo's but I'm up for anything. Maybe after Randy and Robin's trip? I'll let them decide that. We are open Oct 22-23, .... YIKES, then not again until Nov 19-20 (family in town Oct 29-30, Jim is doing the 3 day walk on Nov 5-7 and then we're out of town the 8-14). Would one of those work??

I figure since that will probably be a busy time for everyone, good call rpplano to get the ball rolling early! Colleen- want to start a new thread?
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Great Reporting SO - Really enjoyed it and all of your pictures. The girls are so cute, and with two boys of my own, I understand the refereeing comment!

Enjoyed all your firsts and honestly, that doesn't look like too much luggage to me - I'm guilty!!

Looking forward to the 8 Tuff Miles report next February - I walked it solo in June and had a blast!

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay