13 Days at Caribe Villa - A Trip Report

Travel discussion for St. John
Timethief

13 Days at Caribe Villa - A Trip Report

Post by Timethief »

Okay, sort of a trip report, since I am going to cheat a little - but from what I have seen of trip reports (still a rookie on the forum), this should suffice.

On our cruises, I have done a blog during the trip - initially, just to minimize how many pictures and emails I needed to send. They have developed a little following among people who know us - and it is funny to get emails from people I have never heard of asking questions about one thing or other, or even just giving comments. So now it gets done for most of our vacations. I figure some of you might enjoy this stand in of a trip report.

It can be found at http://www.timethiefsports.com/StJohn.

Keep Smiling!!! :D
Last edited by Timethief on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Peter

I would much rather die while I am living, than live while I am dead!
StJohnStyle

Post by StJohnStyle »

Nice trip report. The house you stayed at is called "Caribe Villa", not Villa Caribe, which is a small condo complex on St. John.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Awesome report....and we are neighbors. I laughed when you talked about the Summer House...it is 10 minutes from my house!
Timethief

Post by Timethief »

Thanks! I hadn't realized there was a condo complex with a similar name. I did notice that on the website it was called Caribe Villa, but on the key tags and much of the paperwork it was "Villa Caribe" - and I get confused easily!

Oh well - just another vacation quirk, I guess. Thanks for straightening me out!
-Peter

I would much rather die while I am living, than live while I am dead!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

oh good! something to read this morning! need to refill the coffee first! thanks :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I just finished reading all the entries. Thank you. Really good stuff!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Loved the blog!!!! I grew up in Chicopee & actually stay with friends in Westfield when we visit...small world. Thanks for the report & pics
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Fun! Fun! Fun reading! We stayed at Villa Caribe last year and loved it. Your pictures brought back good memories. I'm envious that you saw an octopus and spotted eagle rays! I've been snorkeling on STJ for several years and have yet to see either. I'm obviously doing something wrong. :? Nice trip report. Thanks.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
yogagirl

Post by yogagirl »

awesome trip report...I read it this morning. It was a great way to start the day. I felt like I was in STJ while reading it. THANK YOU!
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

What a great TR! Thank you, I'm so missing the island and must live vicariously through others! This will last a while - 2 weeks!!! Glad you had a nice time and thank you for posting.
Deb
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Enjoyed reading your 2 incredible weeks of reporting!! You should be a travel writer! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us! I will never look at 2 empty chairs on the beach the same again . . . the island and those chairs are calling me home~~~~~~~ 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
cmw5682

Post by cmw5682 »

I loved reading your reports and your pics are fantastic!
Sadly, I am tickerless :(
tinajohnson

Post by tinajohnson »

Love, love, love the trip report.