US Air & CLT airport?

Travel discussion for St. John
star2515

Post by star2515 »

Being from Charlotte, we fly non-stop from there and have never had any trouble. But I'll have to start checking out MB's rates....
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

We usually fly from Manchester, NH to Charlotte on the first plane out at 6:00 AM. Have a nice breakfast and cold beers at Chilli’s and off we go to STT around 9:45 AM. Never had a problem and find Charlotte very easy to get around.

Shhhhh, you can here me knocking the heck out of some wood.
Life begins where the land ends!
caribechris

Post by caribechris »

Charlotte airport is fine, it is where you are coming from that you need to worry about becuase if your flight leaves too late you will miss your connection, there are no flights out of Charlotte to the Caribbean after noon! (That was two years ago, not sure it is still the case)

That was the experience we had. We left late from PHILLY :( and missed our connection even though all the crew told us we would be fine! Will never do that again, would have made it to the Caribbean had we not left Philly, because there were other flights to the Caribbean from Philly, at least that is what the women in Charlotte told us.

No offense to anyone who lives in Charlotte but it was not a destination to hang out in for a night and start your vacation. Crappy hotel, no great place for dinner...it was not a pleasant experience for us.
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

We have flown through CLT on USAir several times and prefer this connection to Philly. We haven't had any problems and usually can get a pretty good deal. This time we opted for a direct flight out of Boston b/c of the cost (318 r/t) 13 days and counting! :D
(Message Boards code, FertilityFriend.com's boards, phpBB based Image
shelli0001

Post by shelli0001 »

thanks to all this positive chatter about CLT i have a shiny new ticker! HOORAY!!! :lol:

4 non-stops CLT to STT $1210, not bad. but i do have to drive 3 hours each way. hooray.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

great price...how far into the future is it?
shelli0001

Post by shelli0001 »

we fly get to STT on July 23, supposed to get in around 3:30, we're gonna stay one nite at emerald beach. this time i'm going to get the jeep on STT and attempt driving on the left in civilization. so stay off the sidewalks! :shock:

i think i used to live in hollis nh a long time ago, thats right by nashua right, and you get about a zillion inches of snow every week. brrrrrr.

nope, i lied, i lived in hudson.