Reef bay Cottage

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Reef bay Cottage

Post by nancyr84 »

Came across this cottage as a possible low cost rental. It seems really nice inside for the price. My question the pool sits behind the cottage.I am wondering how far from the owners house is the pool, if you are using it do you feel like you are in their space. The owner says they are gone a lot from the house during the day but we are used to our own space and are wondering if this would work for us. Lookind for something under 1400 off season.
Nancy[/i]
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

It appears the pool is directly behind the owners house connected by the patio (gotta love Google Earth). You would need to walk up hill ~ 20 yd to get there along I assume a connecting path otherwise you would need to walk around on the road ~ 1/4 mile. I doubt you will have that feeling of privacy associated with a dedicated pool.
If you are looking for AC and within that price range this looks very good given the amenities and relatively isolated location. There are less expensive places nearer Cruz Bay but they will have a more populous feel.
nancyr84

Reef bay Cottage

Post by nancyr84 »

Can anyone tell me how to find the house on Google Earth. I looked but could not fugure out which house it is.
Nancy
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

I tried pasting the link but it did not work properly.

Locate the Reef Bay area on Google Maps and follow Reef Bay Road to the Hilltop split. Your cottage is ~ 200 ft down Reef Bay Road from the Reef Bay - Hilltop road split, You will recognize it has no pool and the home just north of it has the same distinctive shape as the main house shown on the web site.