we need a GREAT villa for 4-6 couples any ideas?

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Haven't seen it in person, but Kalorama looks nice (big pool, 4 bedroom suites and a 5th bedroom) and off season prices look very reasonable:

http://www.stjohnultimatevillas.com/st- ... lorama.php
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I'm still trying to figure out what season you're looking at. If it's low season, it seems like Villa Tessori would not be out of your range. I'm confused.
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

we are looking at Feb. 2010. I would love to be near Coral Bay as that's my fav but anything will work. Of course we want the best at Wal Mart prices. Thanks!
lprof

Post by lprof »

6 couples - $2000/couple

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/johns-folly/index.html

no, not Wal-Mart prices but reasonable for 12 and so beautiful, between Coral Bay and Salt Pond
... no longer a stranger to paradise
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

We stayed at Caribe Villa last month and enjoyed it very much. It was a quiet location with great views. The greatroom was large enough for everyone to spead out, and each bedroom has its own private bath. One BR even has an outdoor shower.

The pool is a bit small, so if you're looking for a lot of pool time, this might not suit. It does not have a hot tub, either.

They were offering a 25% discount, but I don't know how long that will apply. If you're interested, just give Kristen a call and ask. She's was very good about answering our questions.

Good luck!

http://www.stjohnultimatevillas.com/st- ... -villa.php
Dawg Lover

Post by Dawg Lover »

Beach Garden Villa is great for 4 couples. 4 king suites. Beautiful House!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I know a great villa in Coral Bay. Does it have to have more than 4 bedrooms?
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

I think 4 bedrooms will work. We are still at the stage where everyone wants to go but we only have 3 "for sures" Let me know!
petepie

Post by petepie »

Just a tip - it sounds like your total number may be changing still.

We had 12 in our group, but 6 were kids, 2 of whom were still in pack-n-plays. We were suprised to find some villa companies were very stringent with the number of guests (and the price for those guests). Some companies counted all the kids in the head count and wouldn't let us rent a villa that would accomodate less than 12 (even though at least 2 wouldn't be in beds). Other companies were flexible and would have allowed us to book a villa with a max of 8 or 10. So, if your number may change upward, my advice is to either choose a villa with a flexible management company or one that will accommodate extra people in the max persons count.
girlbat17

Post by girlbat17 »

Hi JDW, Yes, Skyway villa has A/C.
ShelleyZ

Post by ShelleyZ »

What about LaMer? It's high above Coral Bay and lists with destinationstjohn.com.
We've never stayed there, but I always thought it looked splendid. Plenty of room to spread out and staggering views.

Good luck in your search. Sounds fun.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

cypressgirl wrote:I know a great villa in Coral Bay. Does it have to have more than 4 bedrooms?
Which one are you referring to, Cypressgirl? I'm looking at 4BR, Coral Bay villas too. :D
Image[/url]
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

For Coral Bay, try checking www.windspree.com if you haven't already. They have several Coral Bay villas.

Estate Fortsberg (4B) looks nice and there's a floor plan on the site. A couple of the other large ones (Debolina - 5B, Dancing Dolphins - 4B) also have floor plans on the site. I find these very helpful for determing if a villa will work for a group.
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

Hi I did a ton of research for our Feb trip with four couples and we booked Estate Fortsberg (see above) its available through windspree $1822 per couple for the week (high season including 8% tax) It has 4 equal master suites. I also went by RICKGs rules for group travel to STJ and would not do more than 4 couples. We do have an "on the fence" couple and I told them to book Sailview and get their own car. My second choice would be http://www.carefreegetaways.com/lespritdelavie.htm
$1653 per couple high season, but it was booked for our dates and we wanted to stay in Coral Bay this trip. Point Rendevous area has been our favorite locale the last two trips, but we wanted to try something new this time. GOOD LUCK with your search!
Pipergal