Deaths Today

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Chris

Deaths Today

Post by Chris »

Michael Jordon just HAD to overshadow Farrah Fawcett.
lisak428

Post by lisak428 »

I think you mean "Jackson".
Chris

Post by Chris »

Right....Jackson.
ready4paradise

Post by ready4paradise »

Farrah was a beautiful person. Even the picutres of her when she was ill and going through treatments, she was still beautiful. God rest her sole!

Michael Jackson was a very lost person. I hope he finds what he was looking for in the after life. God rest his sole, also.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

ready4paradise wrote:Michael Jackson was a very lost person. I hope he finds what he was looking for in the after life. God rest his sole, also.
We're supposed to play nice over here now, right?

OK then...comments kept to myself. Because I could take your quote in 2 directions...one wholly inappropriate and the other even more so.
ready4paradise

Post by ready4paradise »

Not sure what you meant. Was just trying to keep things on the nice side.
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

ready4paradise wrote:Not sure what you meant. Was just trying to keep things on the nice side.
Agree with ready4paradise.

So sad. :cry:
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
Connie

Post by Connie »

I watched Farrah's Story and it was so so sad to see her go through all those treatments and pain. Even more amazing is she let her friend Alana tap everything, even the worse.

I think with Michael Jackson that the results will be much like Elvis's. Doctors who prescribe medications illegally until they kill you. One of the reasons why the homocide detectives are in that house right now.

Prayers to both families.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I have found memories of her poster from when I was a teenager :oops:
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

I've been replaying a scene in my life. I believe the year was 1977. I was seventeen, Michael Jackson was eighteen. The Jackson Family (as they were billed) were on tour. This was after the fame of the Jackson Five, but before Michael had his solo success. Janet was also performing and was only 12 years old. The venue was a past its prime theater with a rotating stage. My best friend Hilary and I had standing room only tickets. At one point during the show, as the rotating stage came around so that we had a view of the Jackson, we ran down the aisle towards the stage. Hilary ran up, shook MJ's hand, was grabbed by the security staff and flung off the stage, at which point I ran up and also shook MJ's hand. We had a great time that night. And then we made a promise not to tell anyone at school the next week, because it was such a geeky thing to do.
When conversation drift to people's "claim to fame" I often say that I shook Michael Jackson's hand. I'm a little sad right now...

Lovermont
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

No doubt those soles are off the ground :wink:
ready4paradise

Post by ready4paradise »

My Bad! :oops: I meant souls. I guess I was tired when I wrote this. :shock:
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

I knew you did! I was just trying to interject a little humor into an otherwise sad topic :) We are dealing with Gov. Sanford here, so it has been a crazy few days and it just gets worse :(
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

As much as I have mixed feelings concerning MJ and his life, I pretty much hold his doctors responsible for his death, if it is what I think, a drug overdose, they should go to jail, my sister who had a intestinal problems became addicted to narcotics and doctors just gave her what ever she wanted without monitoring her and controlling the drugs, it is what eventually killed her, she died the same way Micheal did and it happens everyday, you just never her about unless a celebrity like Micheal or Anna Nicole Smith makes the headlines. Until Doctors are held criminally responsible this will sadly continue and many more will die. My sister was only 40.
Connie

Post by Connie »

DC, I really sorry for what you have gone through.

I have been through the same thing.

A Doctor who has prescribed 100 percocets at a time, with 3-4 refills to a person who was obviously addicted.

After multiples calls to the Doctor, begging to make him stop writing these prescriptions the only reply I got was "She's an adult, we can't give you any information".

I wasn't asking for information!!! I was begging him to stop.

Finally, I asked MY primary care physician to call him and talk to him and it stopped.

It's a horrible thing to go through as a family member.

This is very very common. Doctors are suppose to support life, but some of them don't listen and cause a death because they just don't listen to the family.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"