La Tapa YUM and Caneel great!

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Sharon

La Tapa YUM and Caneel great!

Post by Bob & Sharon »

We are here on st john and having a GREAT time. We are at Caneel and were very lucky to be upgraded to cottage 7. The snorkeling has been amazing.
We had dinner last night at La Tapa and it was as good or better than ever. I (sharon) had the tuna and Bob had the lamb shank. If you are on island don't miss La Tapa, we think it is the best food of any we have had on any island.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday at the beach bar.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Glad everything is going wonderfully! We love La Tapa too!! Enjoy every second of your trip!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

did you ever have the sorbet sampler at La Tapa? my word some of the BEST stuff I've ever had. ever. seriously.
when I was there last the flavors were blood orange, banana lime and passion fruit. my word .. never had flavors like that in my life. so good!
Pia

Post by Pia »

MB - I'm sure they make their own (OK, I'm not sure :lol: ) but at Starfish gourmet they have fabulous sorbet and gellato, and I know one of the flavors is blood orange along with many other "unusual" ones. Try them next time and my gellato is only $7.99 - cheaper than Ben and Jerrys :)
Realtor - St John Properties
Bob & Sharon

Post by Bob & Sharon »

we had the sorbet, they had two flavors and we had both, blood orange raspberry
and mango passion fruit. they were delicious. they do make their own.
Tonight we are going to Cafe Roma, we have always loved their food and are looing forward to it.
We are off to the breakfast now at Caneel, that is always a treat. It is the only place I ever eat breakfast, but I cant resist and hope to swim it off each day.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

they do make their own. I will check out starfish next time. what is the brand, do you know? around here Ciao Bella is one that I like but I'm guessing you aren't getting that down there!
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Sharon, Cafe Roma was great when we were there in May - we liked it so much that we ate there 3 of our 14 nights :) Their olive tapenade was very good. Enjoy and have a great vacation!
NancyB
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes MB it is Ciao Bella - great isn't it :)
srcamm

Post by srcamm »

How's the weather? We are arriving tomorrow, and will be on Cottage Point, not cottage 7...How did you score that upgrade....Do you look like Brad and Angelina????
Bob & Sharon

Post by Bob & Sharon »

dont know how we got this upgrade but are really enjoying it. We ate at Cafe Roma tonight and it was great as ever. Weather is a bit wet, but no wetter than the water. snorkeling is great.
Pia

Post by Pia »

We have had showers tonight off and on since about 5pm on the Coral bay side but until then it was sun, sun, sun and hot, hot, hot - don't know if it was cloudy on the other side during the day but not over here. It did look like it had rained during the day when I went into town (Cruz Bay) about 4pm but nothing at my house in Coral bay.

Pia
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

Hi Sharon (and Bob!) Can you please share the room category you booked originally and what you like the most & least about Cottage 7? Are you in an upper or lower unit? Trying to live vicariously through you... Is this now your favorite or would you rather be beachfront? Thank you
Bob & Sharon

Post by Bob & Sharon »

We love everything about cottage 7. We are in a lower unit and are enjoying the sunset sitting on paradise beach, which we have had to ourselves each evening.