Squeee! We're on the left!

Travel discussion for St. John
gobucs

Re: Now I'm getting panicky

Post by gobucs »

mindehankins wrote:Blaine just called off work for the first time since I've known him (about 6 years!)! He was doing yard work yesterday and "put his back out." The last time he did this was a year ago, right before a vacation to Hilton Head and it was a MISERABLE vacation cause he was in so much pain and couldn't do anything.

The day before our last vacation (last October), I had a ministroke. I had to sign out of the hospital "against medical advise" to go on vacation.
I just feel like the Gods are against us taking a vacation and am panicking....
We NEED this vacation.
Please send some calming vibes....
OMG i am so sorry about his back :cry:
I do hope that he can get fixed up or medicated and if the docs wont give him anything then order plenty of Pain Killers :D cuz that is always what the doctor orders :wink:

A99 You just crack me up!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

He's even WORSE today. (sob) I'm going to have to start looking at cancellation policies and our trip insurance. If you have any advice, I'm all ears.
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

I don't wish this on anyone at all.

I hope your hubby gets better. Sorry to hear about it all. Your time will come and things will get in line.

Cheer up.
Life begins where the land ends!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

He's off the sofa!!! Gods be praised! I feel like a billion pounds have been lifted off me!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Woo Hoo - great news - I take it you will be coming :)

Pia
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Yeah!! When do you leave? I hope he can continue to improve. Floating in that water for days on end can really help the back!! Keep us posted!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

:D Yes, we're coming! As long as he can stand, he can travel! We're going to Pittsburg Sunday and then arriving in St. John on Monday.
toni

Post by toni »

Glad to hear he's up and about-have a wonderful trip!
David- n Hampton, VA

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

mindehankins, Great news.....and I feel your pain. My wife has chronic back pain and is constantly "on the sofa". The island does seem to help with this. Maybe it is the muscles relaxing a bit as one takes in the view? Either way, we are going to be there with you ......we land tomorrow. Maybe we'll run into each other and can commiserate together over a beverage! (We are going to the May 10th get together….maybe you are too?)

Glad it worked out for you and if I don't see you, I hope your vacation turns out as great as I am planning on mine being!
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Awesome news!!!! :D

Enjoy your trip and make sure the hubby chills and relaxes.
Life begins where the land ends!
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

the best thing for a bad back is floating in warm salt water... right?!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

LysaC wrote:the best thing for a bad back is floating in warm salt water... right?!
It always seems to work for me! :D

Just get him there and he'll feel much better.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

If you're wearing a David n Hampton tshirt, maybe we'll spot you! We're coming in on Monday and leaving Sunday afternoon. Alas, we won't make a Sunday gathering. Funny though, at another event that we planned online, when we got there, someone behind us in line said "Oh! YOU'RE Blaine and Minde!" So maybe that'll happen. Otherwise, next year we'll definitely make sure we're at a Sunday gathering.
I'm pretty sure there'll be a trip next year, judging by you great folks and your pics and love of the rock.
David- n Hampton, VA wrote:mindehankins, Great news.....and I feel your pain. My wife has chronic back pain and is constantly "on the sofa". The island does seem to help with this. Maybe it is the muscles relaxing a bit as one takes in the view? Either way, we are going to be there with you ......we land tomorrow. Maybe we'll run into each other and can commiserate together over a beverage! (We are going to the May 10th get together….maybe you are too?)

Glad it worked out for you and if I don't see you, I hope your vacation turns out as great as I am planning on mine being!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

cypressgirl wrote:
LysaC wrote:the best thing for a bad back is floating in warm salt water... right?!
It always seems to work for me! :D

Just get him there and he'll feel much better.
I'm certain! He's really alot better today. I can't tell you how afraid I was!