from Frank Barnako's site about American Airlines

Travel discussion for St. John
designbyroe

from Frank Barnako's site about American Airlines

Post by designbyroe »

American wants you at the airport 4 hours early
It's always a huge PITA to get out of the St.Thomas airport, right? Well, it's going to get more painful.

American Airlines this week issued a notice saying it recommends passengers departing the USVI check in at the baggage counter "at least (4) four hours prior to scheduled departure."

And if you're not there early, you may really be out of luck because, says AA, "All flights ... out of St. Thomas will close for check-in ... 60 minutes before any departure." It sounds like, "If your bags don't have tags an hour ahead, you're staying in STT for the night."

Someone leaving on American's flight for Miami at 11:20 a.m., and staying on St. John, is going to have to get the 6 a.m. ferry and pray. The rest of us will have to pray that US Airways, Delta, Continental, and United Airlines don't follow the lead of American.

Download AA release here.

St. John's Accommodations Council members were surprised by American's new policy statement, some wondering if the Department of Tourism may get involved. After all, having to be at the airport clearly puts the islands at a disadvantage with tourists.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hey Roe

There is a whole thread on page 2 on this subject if you (and others) would like to read it :)

Pia
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

ooops..........did not know.....guess there was no need for my post..... :lol:
I take Spirit from Ft. Lauderdale so I am set. No worries about American

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
cwaver

from AA web site

Post by cwaver »

The following information will help you know what to expect when you arrive at the airport for all flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection®.

Suggested Arrival Times
When travel is completely within the U.S. including Puerto Rico, and on flights to Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, recommended check-in time is at least 90 minutes prior to departure when checking baggage, and at least 60 minutes prior to departure if not checking baggage.

For flights departing Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, recommended check-in time is at least two hours prior to scheduled departure.

For international flights, we recommend you arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to departure to allow sufficient time to complete all necessary international requirements. Please view the list below for cities that require additional time for check in.

[/img]