Kenny Chesney

Travel discussion for St. John
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

As someone who lives in the heart of star struck land, believe me when I say that many of these stars music or otherwise love it when they get attention. No need to drive them crazy but they certainly like a bit of attention.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Yeah.. I know... the paparazzi are following me ALL the time. Just can't shake the bastards ;-)

But hey I'll sign an autograph for anyone! 8)

Honestly my rule for meeting clebrities is this:

-I never go out of my way to interrupt them living their life
-If I find myself face to face I say "Hi" and smile - just like I would anyone else
-I never ask for an autograph

That's just how I roll.

Having worked for a short time for the CBS affiliate here in Washington, I learned pretty quickly how people react when they see someone form TV or movies. This also applies to the elected officials I work with.

The thing is that people feel like they KNOW the TV or Movie personality cause they see them on a regular basis. They feel that they have a relationship with them. Whereas the personality has NO IDEA who the other person is. It really can be disconcerting.

I try to cut these folks some slack and just let them be.

But promoguy is right, they wouldn't be successful if they didn't like a little attention!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

If I'm in the right place at the right time, and without intruding, I will always ask for an autograph. I've never been turned down and always gotten the autograph with a smile from the celeb! Even Clint Eastwood, who is pretty shy when it comes to that, but he was filming in my town right next door to my old frame shop and he was very kind.

If they didn't want the attention, they wouldn't be in the biz.
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

For those of you who know me, know that I like Kenny, just a little!

I have hugged him, and had my picture taken with him. I'm 5'7" and Keith is 6' something. Kenny is little!

But who the hell cares!! He is amazing, in concert and on albums. When he's on stage, he could be 8' tall or 4' tall, I don't care! I can't wait to see him in Foxboro, for the 5th time, on Aug.15th.

That's all I'm gonna say! :D

Sydney
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

He is just a guy who fell in love with the tropics and is having fun.
Sadly, he has let this effect where he lays his head
Just saw that he is not taking possession of the home in the keys due to he thinks it will disrupt the locals.
I have never heard a local on St. John or in the Keys ever say that. All I ever heard was when he and Renee married and the paparazzi came a running to St. John.
That is no longer.
Bottom line is you take your passion, make it your career and it puts you in the public eye enough to be a celebrity... deal with it!!!
I have never seen anyone famous whether I was in LA, NYC, St. John or the Keys or even at a airport be harrassed by a fan.
Kenny has Ben......he gets people to leave Kenny alone.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
jclampet

Amen

Post by jclampet »

Could not agree more, Love the music and could give a rats butt where he travels on his off time....One thing is certain, Something about the Island has touched his life the same as everyone else, so you can't blame him for that
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

Ok, so I have one more thing to say. :wink:

If he loves the Islands, 1/2 as much as all of us, how could he not be a great guy!
Itsstraightparadise

Post by Itsstraightparadise »

Ditto to most of you. Thats what I was saying I can't imagine that folks who live in STJ or those of us that love STJ would ever not welcome someone that is really "one of us".

It just sounds mean to me and I can't imagine having a hateful feeling or being mean especially when I am relaxing, with a drink in hand, just looking at the sunset....ahhh I can't freakin wait!

By god if Kenny is there and I happen to realize it then I will hook him with a drink too and go on my merry way! :)
sunlover

Post by sunlover »

ran into kenny at woody's at our last trip. he was sitting right next to me at one point, but it just seemed inpolite to interrupt him and say hi.

let me just say that I'm a pretty big fan of his music...and it was killing me!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

From what I know from living on island, you can interrupt Kenny IF
you are hott
or want to just chat about boats........lol

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
brenda

Post by brenda »

All I can say is that Kenny may be "little" but he certainly has a HUGE presence on the stage. I love his music and I loved the special called Lucky Old Sun that was on one of the country music video TV stations. I think it gave some insight into what he is about and why he loves the islands in general.
Going "home" again October 26th!
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Who is this Kenny Chesney guy???

Is he one of those country singers?
Boston Mike

Just a guy

Post by Boston Mike »

ClevelandDave wrote:Who is this Kenny Chesney guy???

Is he one of those country singers?
He is just a guy that can put out some pretty good music. It just so happens to be that he was as smart as us and found the island of St. John. :wink:
Life begins where the land ends!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Nice way of putting it Boston Mike. We are a smart bunch let the masses have the All Inclusives and Cruise ships (not anything wrong with them) just not our thing, we have done both.
Boston Mike

I agree

Post by Boston Mike »

cptnkirk wrote:Nice way of putting it Boston Mike. We are a smart bunch let the masses have the All Inclusives and Cruise ships (not anything wrong with them) just not our thing, we have done both.
I agree with you Capt. We have done the all inclusives and stayed away from the cruise ships. We are no agenda type people. What is a vacation if you have an agenda?

WAIT!! I do have an agenda.

May 15th - arrive on island and throw bags on bed at Lavender. Walk to Beach Bar and pour it on. Maybe Boo will still have my wifes Red Sox koozie. Go to bed at some point.

May 16th - Wake up, drink half doz coffees out on the deck and enjoy the cruz bay morning. Pick up Jeep and hit Trunk Bay. Listen to waves flop on the sand. Happy Hour at Beach Bar. Eat Something. Night night.

May 17th thru May 23rd - Repeat the 16th but change up bar once in a while and beaches.

May 24th - Go MISSING so all that are on island will form a search party for us. Capt will feel the need to join in a stays on island longer. We are found drinking rum at undisclosed location and the breaking news story is hidden from the media. :lol:

Just a joke - going home on the 24th. :cry:
Life begins where the land ends!