The Forum: Now a Group on Facebook!

Travel discussion for St. John
Ellen

The Forum: Now a Group on Facebook!

Post by Ellen »

We just created a Facebook group called "<a href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4 ... mf">[b]The Forum at Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com[/b]</a>". If you're a FB user, join up and share with friends!
Enjoy, Ellen and Anthony
Ellen for Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com
P-600

Post by P-600 »

There is also a VI application where you can send postcards to friends via Facebook.
Woody's Seafood Salon and the G spot at Larry's Landing are also on so you can become a fan if interested.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Okay, I just created a facebook; high tech. Is there a way to add all viol members all at once or do I have to do it individually?
STJ - I "get it"
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

I think that you go to the group site (VIOL) on facebook and go through the pictures of those already in the group. On facebook you'll find that we are all there with our "real names" not our forum names. I believe that you click the pictures on or use the real names and ask them to be your friend.

Marie Sanzeri Pohlman

by the way I live in Madison and not Wisconsin like Pete and Marcia.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

b-as-u-r wrote:Okay, I just created a facebook; high tech. Is there a way to add all viol members all at once or do I have to do it individually?
I think the way to do it is:
go into the group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49709521775, then under the "Members" section click on "See All". A list of all the members of the VIOL group will come up where you can click on "Add as Friend" for each one. (You can put in the message there that you are from VIOL - since they probably won't recognize your real name on the invite.) Then each person has to accept your invitation.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to add friends by group on FB. don't worry FB becomes easier as you go...at first it seems like a mess to figure out!
Ellen for Virgin-Islands-On-Line.com
jclampet

This is very cool

Post by jclampet »

The capacity for folks to see more photos and so forth on Facebook makes this a great extenison for this forum...I found Nancy B on there and she has also been posting her recent trip notes on there as well. Very good idea...
devilsrule2004

Post by devilsrule2004 »

yea i just joined the facebook recently and it is nice how you can post all your pics and all
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Why? Maybe I am just dim and low tech, but don't we already have a forum to communicate to each other and post pictures on and send messages through here? Both on and off topic. Isn't this possibly taking away from the forum we already have?
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

As someone who doesn't personally use it, I am a little in your camp - but so many people do (use it) - and every website seems to be participating in one way or another... we just figured we would stick our toe in. I really need to check it out in more detail.
deejayjay wrote:Why? Maybe I am just dim and low tech, but don't we already have a forum to communicate to each other and post pictures on and send messages through here? Both on and off topic. Isn't this possibly taking away from the forum we already have?
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
djmom

Post by djmom »

deejayjay wrote:Why? Maybe I am just dim and low tech, but don't we already have a forum to communicate to each other and post pictures on and send messages through here? Both on and off topic. Isn't this possibly taking away from the forum we already have?
They are so different, I don't think one takes away from the other. If you have never been on it --is really only a way to talk to one person. Yes, there is a forum page, but no one is really using it like a forum.

So it is fun to "friend" people that you might have made a connection with on the forum and see their photos (of family, vacation) or to say Hi or to send a stupid St John gift to....but it is so different that I think they only complement each other and only give us more opportunities to waste an incredible amount of time. I must say facebook is much more of a "waste"...but it is fun too....just different.

Facebook is not a good way to ask for or get information of any sort.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
jclampet

Post by jclampet »

Ok it has been like a month since I put anyhing on the forum here, but I figure I would start with this one. Facebook allows individual expression far beyond what you can do here, but the forum is the best place to get a wide input from this wonderful group with like interest. :lol:
lprof

Re: The Forum: Now a Group on Facebook!

Post by lprof »

Has anyone else noticed that this "group" has become active again???

If you joined Facebook (or registered here) in the past couple of years you may not have even known about this forum's group page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/49709521775/
... no longer a stranger to paradise