Funny story about WAPA (and my bill)

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

liamsaunt wrote:Well, at least you have a sense of humor about it, Pia!
I was thinking the same thing! Glad you can laugh because I'm sure it's frustrating. I hope it's straightened out soon!

For all you who turn your heat down when you leave the house for an extended time: I read something lately that said to be sure you open the cabinet doors below your kitchen and bathroom sinks, to make sure the pipes get some warm air circulated in to prevent them from freezing. (If you saw the thermometer here today you'd know why we worry about frozen pipes!)
bj

Post by bj »

liamsaunt wrote:
Well, at least you have a sense of humor about it, Pia!

I was told many years ago by an old time St. John resident- that you know it is time to move back to the states- when you loose your sense of humor!

...also glad to see you have a sense of humor Pia! :D
Peace,
bj
sizzler

Post by sizzler »

LOWERED to 45Cents KWH????

In Maryland it is between 11 and 15 cents a KWH.... what gives?
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Ahh, the WAPA bill. My parents got theirs and it was $1200 for the month. Now they have a little 2 room house with nothing major using electricity.....That sucks. Our electric here in PA was only $300 last month but the $1800 to fill my two oil tanks today was a little painful!

Hopefully there is a typo! Good luck.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome to the islands Sizzler :)
sherban

Post by sherban »

sizzler wrote:LOWERED to 45Cents KWH????

In Maryland it is between 11 and 15 cents a KWH.... what gives?
I think STJ gets their power from a turbine on STT via cables stretched from island to island, is that right? Supply and demand might not be in the comsumers favor in this arrangement...

I know some people will hate me for this but....what about putting some wind tubines on STJ....I think there are some areas that get wind alot....

Oh, by the way the company I work for makes wind turbines...let me know if you are interested...hehehe.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

CG, can we put them out in the Drake Channel too? There is nothing that we would like better then sitting out on the veranda at the Bay View, sipping on our Pain Killers and watching those big beautiful wind turbines slowly turning out in the Drake.
Bob & Anita
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

C'mon out to California... you can sit and watch those puppies spin all day long while you sit on your veranda in Palm Springs! LOL! They absolutely fascinate me.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

Sir Richard Branson was interviewed the other morning on one of those Sunday shows and they talked about Mosquito Island in the BVI's. He purchaed it and is using wind power.
Someone mentioned to Stanley Selengut about that being used at Maho and Concordia and he liked the idea, so I was told.

It would make sense.
Since Hugo is quite familiar with alot of island info maybe he can weigh in on the wind energy being used.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Ohmy! I hope you get that cleared up Pia.

I love the pictures with the windmills!!

Gina