Honeymooning on STT

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
GotToGetAway

Honeymooning on STT

Post by GotToGetAway »

Hi All,

I have friends interested in taking their honeymoon on St. Thomas. They asked me for some advice on good choices for hotels, but I don't have much experience on STT beyond the drive to Red Hook (and getting lost a little).

Anyone with good suggestions for a nice honeymoon spot? Some privacy, and easy access to fun activities/ nightlife (not sure if they will rent a car).

Thanks in advance.
Tickerless :(
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

We love Sapphire. Yes, it is a resort so they won't be the only ones on the beach, but we've had good luck reserving through VRBO. You csn choose your unit and find out which building its in. Very little noise from neighbors. You're staying right at a beach. Marina is right there for day trips. Close to Red Hook for day trips on Ferry.
Connie

Post by Connie »

What kind of people are they? There's so many places they can stay.

They can go anywhere from the Ritz (hotel accomodations) or they can stay somewhere where they'll be more independant such as Sapphire.

I love Sapphire. Great beach, snorkeling, views and so close to Red Hook.

There's alot of nice condos there.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

there are so many choices. Like Connie said, it depends on what their "style" is and how much they want to spend. There are resorts, hotel style with restaurants, like the Ritz, Elysian, Sugar Bay, Secret Harbor, Bolongo Bay, etc. Those are mostly east end, with taxi service to Red Hook. Then there is places like Sapphire, more individually owned, but still a great place and also taxi or safari to Red Hook. The Marriott and the Marriott Frenchman Cove which is closer to downtown, Charlotte Amalie, with free water shuttle from the hotel to downtown.

Also depends on their age and what kind of night life they want. Red Hook is the younger more nightlife/party atmosphere where as downtown Charlotte Amalie pretty much shuts down at night except for Yacht Haven Grande, Paradise Point and a few other places.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Look into Pavilions and Pools - small hotel with indidual units and their own pool -- or a nice private rental like stonehousevi.com where an on island owner has a small cottage that is private -- another is Seventh Heaven, beautiful harbor view and a private cottage.
Certainly resort wise Cowpet bay or Frenchmans cove are fine choices.
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

Thanks All. I will pass along all suggestions.

They are young and hip and definitely want a hopping night life. Not like me at the ripe old age of 35 :?

Thanks again!
Tickerless :(