Plea for Crucians and those with connections

Travel discussion for St. Croix
kyoto610

Plea for Crucians and those with connections

Post by kyoto610 »

Hi, I'm a college student from the mainland planning on coming to St. Croix early next month. A fellow student of mine and I are both recipients of a service scholarship-a scholarship awarded to students who perform community service to nonprofits during schooltime and the summer. We have secured a volunteer job with a lovely nonprofit to serve needy Crucians, but we are in desperate need of some affordable housing.

Our budget is fairly low for this trip, considering the cost of transportation and food-and the fact that we volunteer for a living year-round. Our trip will consist of 240 hours of service spread out 7 to 8.5 weeks.

If any one of you has connections on the island to anyone looking to either temporarily rent out a room or apartment, or anyone who could offer us inexpensive housing of any kind from early July to mid-August, it would be enormously helpful to us, and would help facilitate our service to your community.

If you have any leads, feel free to email me at sean.manion@vikings.berry.edu. I will respond as promptly as I can.

Best wishes