Car Rental with free parking

Travel discussion for St. John
drd434

Car Rental with free parking

Post by drd434 »

Hello all,

We are coming to STJ next February and planning to run in the 8 Tuff Miles race. I am researching the logistics of getting from one side of the island to the other. We will most likely have two jeeps, as we have two different groups going.

I thought it may be beneficial to rent a Jeep from a company that has free parking in town at their lot?

Can anyone give a list of who offers this? Is this even possible on race day?

Thanks,

DRD
chicagoans

Re: Car Rental with free parking

Post by chicagoans »

I'll be doing 8 Tuff also! (Fourth time for me, but my knees will be 7 years older than my first time running it.)

I rent from Courtesy. They let you park in their lot. Once I hitch hiked back from Coral Bay to Cruz Bay after the race (other times I had a ride.)

Are you staying in Cruz Bay or Coral Bay, and how many runners?
drd434

Post by drd434 »

We are staying at Haiku in Chocolate Hole. There are four adults running for sure...and I have two kids who are interested but we haven't decided for sure on them.

We will have two jeeps for sure, so may stage one in Coral Bay for the ride back. We have only rented in STT in the past so renting on STJ will be new to us. Courtesy is one of the rentals I was considering.

Thanks,

DRD
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

St John CarRental is located on the corner where the Beach Bar meets the Terrace Restaurant. Conrad Stoon is located across fromtheLime Inn. Denzel Clyde is located across the street from " the Creek" up nearMongoose Junction and the National Park Building. All offerfree parking ifthere are spaces available. This is generally after hours and not during the day, except maybe Sunday, as cars are being dropped off and picked up then.
steveo2916

Post by steveo2916 »

Penn's across from Lumberyard has a nice lot to park in. Have never seen it all full. They have always had nice Jeeps.